The materials and information contained on the Garcia Hernández Sawhney, LLP web site are intended to provide information (not advice) about important new legislation or other legal developments. The great number of legal developments does not permit the issuing of an update for each one, nor does it allow the issuing of a follow-up on all subsequent developments. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without consulting with legal counsel.
Transmission and receipt of materials provided by this web site is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Please be further advised that the act of sending e-mail to an attorney at Garcia Hernández Sawhney, LLP will not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not currently a client of the Firm, your e-mail will not be privileged and may be disclosed to other persons.
Garcia Hernández Sawhney, LLP does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this web site in a state where this Web site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state. This is meant to be informational only, in the nature of bulletins and consistent with our profession’s obligation to help inform not only our clients but also to cultivate knowledge of the law to the public in general.
The content of this Web site may be considered advertising for legal services under the laws and rules of professional conduct of the jurisdictions in which we practice. If you have questions, for purposes of attorney advertising rules, please contact us at 401 B Street, Suite 2010, San Diego, CA 92101 or (619) 4564-8400. Prior results described on this web site do not guarantee a similar outcome. Any photography on this site portraying attorneys is of actual Garcia Hernández Sawhney attorneys. For other photography, models used are not clients but may be representative of clients.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our Web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
• E-mail Information: If you choose to correspond further with us through e-mail, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
• Web Site Use Information: Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” to provide our personalization feature and Web server logs to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before our Web site. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use this Information?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, and providing customer service. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you offers are developed and managed under our traditional corporate standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of our clients’ personal information. As a user of this site, you have the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by unsubscribing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, and new Web site services we think you will find valuable. As a registered user, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking on a response box when you receive such correspondence or by sending us an email request at email@example.com.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
• Evaluation of Information Protection Practices: Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
• Employee Access, Training and Expectations: Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
• Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information: We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
• Sharing Information with Outside Parties: We may provide aggregate information about our site visitors and related Web site information to our affiliates, but this information will not include personally identifying data.