Bonifacio Bonny Garcia is the managing partner and a founder of Garcia Hernandez Sawhney, LLP. Although he also heads the firm’s Glendale office, Garcia has extensive experience representing school districts, community college districts, special districts, cities and other governmental entities throughout the state of California.
Garcia began his legal career as a commercial litigator and much of his career complex litigation and real estate matters. He currently serves as outside General Counsel of the Palmdale School District and special counsel to Oxnard School District, and the Ventura County Community College District, among others. Garcia also serves as a chief labor negotiator for school districts throughout California.
- School and municipal governance and administration, California’s Ralph M. Brown Act, labor negotiations and employment matters, California conflicts of interests and ethics laws binding on elected officials, complex civil litigation and counseling governments on strategic planning issues.
- Harvard Law School.
- State of California; U.S. District Court, Central and Eastern Districts of California; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court.
- 2015 Top Rated Lawyer by Corporate Counsel Magazine, The American Lawyer, and The National Law Journal
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer by Corporate Counsel Magazine, The American Lawyer, and The National Law Journal
- San Diego Daily Transcript’s Top Attorneys, Government
- Author of “The Uses of History in Law: Some Aspects of the Process,” 92/93 Law and Justice 127, Hilary/Easter.
- Served as adjunct professor of legal history at Loyola Marymount University and on the board of advisors of the Skirball Institute on American Values.
- Martindale-Hubbel AV-Rated Attorney
- President, Board of Directors Latino Film Institute Youth Cinema Project, Los Angeles, CA
- Member, Board of Trustees, Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Inc., Los Angeles, CA
- President Board of Trustees, Opus Caritatis, Los Angeles, CA